It is not lost on me that my profession of "back to regularly scheduled blogging" has become a broken record. But here I am again with more instagram photos of my recent shenanigans.
I just got home from a relatively unplanned road trip from Oklahoma City to Portland (that's a lot of driving, folks). My former college roommate needed a driving buddy to get from OK to the Northwest, and I just so happen to be the perfect travel companion.
Below are a few photos and also a great itinerary if you find yourself in Portland for a few days.
If you have two full days you won't regret these activities:
::: day one :::
- Start the day with a trip to Voodoo Doughnuts
- Next head on up to NW 23rd Street, where you can stroll along and visit all kinds of fun boutiques. We found some steal deals at Crossroads Trading Co. and you can grab lunch anywhere (we stopped at a McMenamins).
- Once you feel the drain of too much shopping, you are only a short drive to Powell's Books for relaxing read. If you're not shopped out yet, you are now conveniently located next to a few staples like West Elm and Jonathan Adler.
- For dinner, we headed over to the Alberta Arts District for some delicious tapas at Cruzroom. You won't be disappointed.
::: day two :::
- Start the day with a trip to Voodoo Doughnuts (haha kind of a joke...but kind of not)
- Our morning activity was a trip to peruse the Pittock Mansion. The amazing view of the city alone was worth it. The mansion was quaint and the grounds were a fun stroll too.
- Run into Bunk Sandwiches, grab a delious lunch and continue on to Mt Tabor Park for a picnic. (From Pittock to Mt Tabor takes you from one end of Portland to the other) Spend some time relaxing and conversating.
- Do not miss an afternoon stop at Salt & Straw. This ice cream is like no other, with seasonal rotations of sweetness.
- Another stop you must make is at Kennedy School. An elementary school converted to hotel/resturants/etc. I will make time to thoroughly explore this place again some day. So rad.
- Lastly, for dinner we ended the night at Tabor Tavern. It's a favorite of current resident/roomie, Mekala of Tie That Binds.
A busy few days but I loved ALL of it. Such a fun trip and I love my college roomies so much! Wish I could hang around those ladies more often! Anyone else have a favorite that I missed slash a must see for next time?!
All photos from my instagram, be sure to add @joyeverafter (me) to your feed!